Landscaping Insurance in Texas
Serving Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock and surrounding areas
Get the Right Landscaping Business Insurance
As a lawn care professional, you know how important your work is to the community. Your services are needed for corporate exteriors, public parks, and private homes.
A major issue lawn care providers face when deciding on the insurance coverage needed is that no two companies do exactly the same type of work. Some may do tree removal and arbor work. Some may do hardscape or serious groundwork. No matter what your lawn care business focuses on, it is important to review the different types of work your company does when considering comprehensive business insurance coverage. Whether you’re just starting a new venture, or your existing lawn care business is kicking into high gear, liability insurance for landscapers can help protect your business.
Who Needs Landscaping Insurance?
Lawn Irrigation Contractors
Each of these services comes with its own different set of risks. This is why it so important to evaluate your landscaping services before receiving a quote. It is more cost-effective to only be quoted your business needs.
What a Lawn Care & Landscaping Insurance Policy Should Include
Lawn care professionals should consider some—if not all—of these insurance policies:
- General Liability Insurance: General liability insurance is typically the first type of insurance we suggest for any business. General liability will protect lawn care professionals from liability for third-party bodily injury, property damage, or lawsuit.
- Commercial Property Insurance: Commercial property insurance will protect your building, furniture, inventory, and business equipment if there is property damage from disasters, theft, or vandalism.
- Business Interruption Insurance: If your property or equipment is damaged and repair or replacement will be time-consuming, this coverage can help cover lost profits, employee payroll, taxes that are due, and even a temporary business space.
- Business Owner’s Policy: An insurance company typically offers a business Owner's Policy (BOP) to small businesses at a more affordable cost. Bundling general liability insurance, commercial property insurance, and business interruption insurance can often save you money.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Also known as workers’ comp, this is another valuable option for your landscaping business. Most states require workers’ compensation insurance if you hire an employee. This policy will cover your employees if they are injured on the job. This includes helping pay medical bills and lost wages. In many instances in exchange for this coverage employees agree not to sue you if they're injured on the job.
- Professional Liability Insurance: Professional liability is also known as errors and omissions insurance. This liability policy protects small businesses against negligence, civil suits, and professional mistakes. This policy will cover legal fees too.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Does your small business use a cargo van or truck to haul equipment? If you're using a vehicle for business purposes, it needs to be protected with commercial auto insurance.
Other Insurance Coverage Small Business Owners Should Consider
Other supplements to a comprehensive landscaping insurance policy can include:
- Inland Marine Insurance: Landscaping tools and equipment can be expensive—you want to make sure it's protected while you're traveling to and from clients. Inland marine coverage protects tools and equipment that aren't permanently attached to your vehicle and while stored at a customer's home or job site.
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance: If the liability policies you obtain aren't sufficient, sometimes you can purchase affordable umbrella coverage to increase your policy limits.
- Herbicide & Pesticide Application Coverage: If a customer claims they've become ill after being exposed to pesticides or herbicides that you've applied on their property, this coverage will protect your business.
The key to maximizing coverage coupled with affordability is working with your licensed insurance agent every step of the way in creating your lawn care insurance package. Landscaping can be a dangerous business. As the business owner, you want to make sure your business is protected with the best insurance policy to meet the needs of your company.
Find the Policy That Fits Your Company
With over 30 years experience, Tom and the team at Dowd Insurance will carefully review your current insurance policies and your needs before researching the policies and carriers that best meet your expectations and budget. With multiple landscaping clients currently insured, the Dowd Insurance team uniquely understands the specific insurance needs for your business. As a local agency, we provide coverage to businesses in Cedar Park, Austin, Leander, Georgetown, Round Rock, Pflugerville, and surrounding areas. Together, we will trim back any inefficiencies to let the business grow and flourish. To find the right coverage for your growing business, please request a quote or contact us to learn more about
our products and services for the landscaping industry.
Downloadable Resources For Landscaping & Lawn Care Companies
Landscaping Employee Safety Manual
Heat Illness Guide and Prevention Program
OSHA Small Business Handbook
Call us today at 512-331-0787
or fill out a free online quote