To view our previous newsletters, click here.
July 2020 E-Newsletter
Happy Fourth of July!
As we celebrate Independence Day, we are reminded of the precious freedoms we enjoy. We are thankful to have the freedom to stand up to the racial injustice that still exists in this country and demand change. Now is the time to overcome differences and work together for a better.
Thanks to your referrals…
We've donated $150 to Southern Smoke Foundation! Southern Smoke is a crisis relief organization for people in the food and beverage industry. Southern Smoke has set up the Austin Relief Fund to support workers affected by closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Restaurants, bars, and their employees are able to apply for assistance. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, the Southern Smoke Emergency Relief Fund has distributed $2,648,405 to 1,359 people. For more information about Southern Smoke and how to get involved, visit www.southernsmoke.org.
For each referral we receive we will donate to the charity of the quarter, which is Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) for July through September. CTFB is the largest hunger-relief charity in Central Texas, and the COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically increased the need for CTFB’s services. From January to May, CTFB had a 220 percent increase of first-time households turning to the Food Bank. CTFB has been serving more than 90,000 individuals each week. For every referral we receive this quarter, we will donate $10 to Central Texas Food Bank. In addition to the donation, for each referral, you will be entered into our annual $100 gift card drawing, and if your referral becomes a client, you’ll receive a $25 gift card!
Client Spotlight: Refined PPF
Fueled by a passion for all things automotive.
Refined PPF provides a range of automotive paint and windshield protection services in Cedar Park; specializing in paint protection film (also known as PPF or clearbra), windshield protection film installation, and more. Paint protection film is vital to keeping your paint in the best shape possible, providing a barrier against various sorts of normal finish hazards; rock chips, light scratches, scuffs, tar, bugs and more.
Whether you would like to protect your paint and windshield from rock chips on your daily commute, tire/small debris on the race track, or would like to preserve the finish of your new car, they’ve got your back.
For more information on how you can drive protected, please visit www.refinedppf.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (512) 522-0601.
Download Phone Apps Safely
Did you know that smartphone applications can access your data and location? Many people don't think twice about downloading the latest apps; however, your personal information can become comprised through the unknowing use of malicious apps. Many popular apps collect information from your phone that you may not be aware of because many of us are guilty of skimming through privacy policies. Data privacy is becoming a big concern for many people. Apps often ask for access to your personal information before you can open them. Personal information that apps access can include but isn't limited to:
- Your contacts and call logs,
- Calendar appointments,
- Your GPS location;
- Your device's unique ID, or
- Internet data and information about how you use the app itself.
Smart phone app safety
- Understand what is safe in the “cloud”.
- Limit social media exposure.
- Understand social media safety tips to protect your information.
- Be cautious about what apps you download. Make sure you're downloading phone applications from reputable, trusted sources. Your best bet is your smartphone's official app store.
- Watch out for fake apps. Copycat apps are disguised to look like the real thing. You can tell them apart by checking developer names and reviews.
- Review the app permissions. Verify that phone applications won't access unnecessary information. For example, it makes sense that a social networking app would want access to your phone contacts, but a game app shouldn't need access to your text messages.
- Beware of free apps. Free apps or games are sometimes supported by advertisements, which could collect your personal information and sell it to third parties.
- Close or log out of apps when you aren't using them. This will prevent apps from accessing your information.
- Don't share passwords with your children so they can't accidentally download malicious programs.
- Verify your phone has a remote lock or wipe function in case it is lost or stolen. Information is less likely to be stolen from a locked phone.
6 Organizational Hacks for a Stress Free Road Trip
With the phased reopening of national parks and a slow comeback by the hospitality industry, more and more travelers are itching to explore, and are opting for regional road trips instead of international flights. Knowing how to organize your car is key to having a stress free adventure, and keeping it that way doesn’t have to be time consuming. These simple and ingenious hacks will save your sanity on the road.
Fun Outdoor Places For Kids
Put down the screen and enjoy the outdoors
We all know that Austin is a great place to have fun with kids! Here are some fun places even Austin natives might not know about one or two of these…
1. 9th Street BMX - 900 W. 9th St. in the Duncan Neighborhood Park. Great for all levels and ages.
2. Mayfield Park - 3505 W. 35th these trails will take you past ponds, gardens, and wildlife. This is where you will see the peacocks.
3. Tower Garden - Near UT Tower and 24th St. behind Biological Laboratories Building. Ponds full of turtles, fish, and lily pads.
4. Kayaks and SUPs - Rentals all along Lady Bird Lake for a great outing with the family on the lake.
5. Krause Springs - 404 Krause Spring Rd., Spicewood. Swim, picnic, waterfall, hiking.