Construction Insurance in Texas
Serving Cedar Park, Austin, Leander and surrounding areas
Construction Insurance Custom Built For Your Business
What is Construction and Trades Insurance?
Construction professionals, tradesmen, and contractors are faced with daily risks of job site hazards and equipment damage. Construction insurance is designed to help you maintain a safe work site and can provide protection for materials, natural disasters, as well as your own business.
However, construction companies often need specialized policies for complete coverage. Contractors, carpenters, home builders, remodelers, plumbers, electricians, handymen and other professionals in the construction industry can benefit from such specialized insurance policies.
What Types of Insurance are Available for those in Construction and the Trades Industry?
Construction and trade professionals work with heavy machinery and specialized equipment that can break down or injure workers. For this reason, standard commercial insurance policies, along with specialized policies, are necessary for comprehensive coverage. Some of the most common policies needed by construction professionals include the following:
- General liability insurance: Could cover liability costs if individuals unassociated with your business experience injury or property damage on your work site.
- Professional liability insurance: Also called errors and omissions insurance, this policy could protect you from third-party claims of error and/or negligence.
- Commercial vehicle insurance: Could cover any business-owned vehicles or personal vehicles used on behalf of a business and the associated liability of such use. This can include cars, trucks, vans, cement mixers, etc.
- Loss of income insurance: Could cover a loss of income within policy limits resulting from business interruption.
- Builder’s risk insurance: Could cover property damage on work sites while under construction, which may also include construction materials prior to installation.
- Workers’ compensation: Could compensate employees who are injured on the job for medical expenses and partial wage replacement.
Trades professions we insure:
Find the Policy That Fits Your Company
With over 30 years experience, Tom and the team at Dowd Insurance will carefully review your current insurance policies and your needs before researching the policies and carriers that best meet your expectations and budget. With numerous construction clients currently insured, the Dowd Insurance team uniquely understands the specific insurance needs for construction companies. As a local agency, we provide coverage to businesses in Cedar Park, Austin, Leander, Georgetown, Round Rock, Pflugerville, and surrounding areas. To start building a construction policy, please request a quote or contact us to learn more.
Downloadable Resources for Construction Companies & Tradesmen
Construction Industry OSHA Compliance Guide
Construction Employee Safety Manual
Site Operations Manual
Heat Illness Guide and Prevention Program
Subcontractor Management Plan
Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Safety Manual
Call us today at 512-331-0787 or fill out a free online quote now.
Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com