Protecting Drivers Across Cedar Park, Georgetown and Surrounding Areas
Texas’ major urban areas are known for both their size and their traffic congestion. If you’re a resident of greater Austin, then you probably don’t have to be reminded just how much of a hassle and a danger that driving can be. You never know when you might have an accident, but with the help of quality auto insurance benefits, you’ll be able to be prepared for anything.
Dowd Insurance is committed to helping every Texas driver get the auto insurance solutions that are guaranteed to offer ample security without breaking the bank. You can trust us to provide a listening ear, efficient policy services and fast claims resolutions whenever you need them.
Common Auto Insurance Questions
Why is Auto Insurance Important?
Cars cost money, and it’s only natural not to want anything to happen to them. Still, just by owning a vehicle, you face numerous liabilities, from the risks of wrecks to vehicle theft and accident lawsuits. If you ever find yourself facing a problem, then it’s car insurance that will be able to step in and help you cover the costs that might arise from these challenges. With it, you won’t face insurmountable financial problems just because of a problem that you certainly didn’t expect.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Auto insurance can offer numerous coverage options, and each will work in unique ways to help you receive comprehensive financial assistance in case of accidents or other hazards.
Coverage offered within most policies includes:
- Liability Insurance: When an accident is deemed your fault, this coverage help you pay for the damage you do to others (such as other drivers) who weren’t in the car with you.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This plan pays for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage:This pays for damage to the other party’s property.
- Collision Insurance:This covers damage to your own vehicle that you sustained in a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance:This coverage pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
- Medical Payments Coverage/Personal Injury Protection:If you get hurt in an accident, this coverage can pay for your medical bills. It sometimes will cover other losses, like lost income.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance: This insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run, for example, then this coverage can pay for your car’s damage.
Additional benefits offered by most carriers will help further expand your policy, including:
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Custom parts coverage
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Vanishing deductibles
- Gap insurance
How Do I Get The Right Auto Coverage?
Car insurance isn’t a cookie cutter policy. It’s a dynamic product that is supposed to be customizable to the needs of the policyholder. Our job is to help you get the coverage that will minimize your financial strain following any number of complicated challenges.
All drivers registered in Texas are required to carry at least the following liability coverage:
- $30,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per person
- $60,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per accident
- $25,000 Property Damage Liability Coverage
Still, since this is only the minimum coverage you need, then you can benefit exceptionally from increasing your liability limits and augmenting them with other coverage like collision, comprehensive, un/underinsured motorist coverage and more. We’ll help you do so in a way that will not only optimize your benefits, but also ensure that your expanded coverage remains affordable.