Condo Insurance in Texas
Serving Cedar Park, Leander, Houston and surrounding areas
Condo Insurance Fills In Where Your HOA Leaves Off
For many, a condo is a great alternative to living in an apartment or a home, and can offer more space, more living area, and more amenities. But since a condo is a special kind of residence, it requires its own insurance policy.
Customize your condo policy with options to meet the specific needs of your home. Your homeowners association (HOA) likely insures the building and common areas, but covering damage inside your unit or the loss of your personal property is where condo insurance comes in. Check with your HOA first to determine exactly what’s covered.
Comprehensive baseline protection
Most Condo policies provide plenty of protection:
- Coverage for damage to the interior of your condo not covered by your HOA.
- Replacement of stolen or damaged personal property; whether you’re home or away, your possessions are covered.
- Personal liability that covers property damage and legal costs if someone gets injured.
- If your home is damaged and you can’t live there, Safeco pays for a temporary home during its repair.
- Medical payments coverage covers expenses for guests injured at your home.
A variety of valuable optional coverages
Carriers may offer additional, optional coverages to tailor your policy, such as:
- Loss assessment coverage can cover assessments where your HOA requires additional funds, like for roof or parking lot repairs.
- Protect yourself from sudden, accidental equipment and appliance breakdowns, such as from a mechanical or electrical failure.
- If wiring or plumbing are damaged and need to be brought up to code, building ordinance or law coverage will help.
Everything you need at a reasonable cost
With multiple carriers available, we can find the carrier with the best value for your specific needs.
With a condo policy, you’ll receive:
- The peace of mind that comes from knowing your personal property is covered.
- Protection from lawsuits, injuries and other liability claims that could harm your future income.
Contact a specialist at Dowd Insurance Agency today to determine the right amount of coverage you need to keep your condo insured.