Machine Shop Insurance
Machine Shop Insurance in Texas
Serving Cedar Park, Round Rock, Houston and surrounding areas
Machine Shop Insurance Custom Built For Your Business
Why Do Machine Shops Need Insurance?
Do you manufacture tools and equipment? Do you craft or repair parts for existing machinery? Do you provide delivery for your customers? A machine shop can provide a wide variety of services for their customers. But that also means machine shop owners like you can face a wide amount of risks in their business operations.
Here are just a few examples of the liability exposure machine shop businesses might face:
· Equipment breakdowns
· An employee gets hurt by a machine
· A customer is injured on your premises
· One of the parts you manufacture is defective
You need the proper machine shop insurance coverage to protect your business, your employees, and your customers.
What Insurance Does a Machine Shop Need?
There are some basic insurance solutions and some specialty business insurance coverage(s)to consider:
- General Liability Insurance (also known as “slip & fall” insurance) protects your business if a customer or their property is injured. It also protects your business if you slander another company or break copyright law. Coverages include third-party bodily injury, third-party property damage and personal and advertising injury.
- Product liability is necessary to cover the following products liability exposure(s):
o Product defects
o Product tampering
o Deceptive marketing
- Commercial Property Insurance protects the building you work in, expensive equipment, and inventory within your machine shop from damage from fire, theft, natural disasters (tornadoes, hurricanes, wind, hail, etc), and vandalism.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance provides coverage if an employee gets injured while at work. It provides compensation for their medical expenses and lost wages for a period of time.
- Other Insurance to Protect Machine Shops:
o Employment Practices Liability Insurance
o Employee Dishonesty Coverage (Crime Insurance)
o Equipment Breakdown Coverage
o Inland Marine Insurance
o Business Interruption Insurance
Find the Policy That Fits Your Company
With over 30 years experience, Tom and the team at Dowd Insurance will carefully review your current insurance policies and your needs before researching the policies and carriers that best meet your expectations and budget. With numerous machine shops currently insured, the Dowd Insurance team uniquely understands the specific insurance needs for machine shop businesses.
To start building the right insurance policy for your machine shop business contact us today or get started with a quote.