Green Living Tips for Your Home
Adopting eco-friendly practices can help you positively contribute to the natural world by reducing waste, conserving energy and lowering carbon dioxide emissions. Green living practices can also help you reduce your living expenses. Consider implementing the following routines at your home:
- Research appliances before you buy them. Whenever possible, try to purchase devices certified by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Use all-natural cleaning solutions (e.g., vinegar, tea tree oil, baking soda) around your home instead of traditional cleaning products, which are often made with harsh chemicals.
- Line-dry your clothing during the summer instead of using the drying machine; this can help conserve energy and reduce your electricity bill.
- Only run appliances that use large amounts of water (e.g., washing machine, dishwasher) when they’re completely full.
- Keep your heat low; this can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decrease heating costs.
- Use recycled, chlorine-free toilet paper, facial tissues and petrochemical-free cosmetics. These products can help you reduce waste.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs; these bulbs use less energy and can significantly reduce your electricity bill.