Surprise! Is that gift a liability risk?
Is an e-bike, scooter or hoverboard on your or a loved one’s wish list this holiday season? These and other micromobility devices often come with surprises of their own, like an increased liability risk.
Do you have a coverage gap?
In the event of an accident, owners of e-bikes, scooters and other micromobility devices could be held liable for damages and the injuries, disabilities or even deaths of others involved. Many homeowner policies exclude liability coverage when e-bikes or other micromobility devices are used to travel on public roads.
Potential accidents could include:
- E-bike collides with and injures a pedestrian
- Hoverboard collides with a bike rider and injures them
- Scooter merges without warning, causing an auto accident
If your homeowners policy doesn’t have a special provision including liability coverage for e-bikes and other micromobility devices, then you will benefit from coverage under a motorcycle policy. A motorcycle policy can help to close the gap for e-bike and scooter liability coverage.
If you’re in need of a motorcycle policy to provide coverage for the gift you just purchased, contact us today for a FREE quote. With many carriers at our disposal, we can help find the best coverage at the best price for your situation.
Advantages of a motorcycle policy coverage for your e-bike, scooter or hoverboard:
- Flexibility — liability-only or add physical damage to suit your specific needs
- Affordability — minimum premium as low as $100 per year for some clients
- More peace of mind — there’s typically a less significant premium impact if a claim is filed on a motorcycle policy versus a homeowners policy
Ensure your holidays are safe with the proper coverage for your big gift purchases!