The New Year Is A Great Time For A Life Insurance Check Up
The majority of Americans (66%*) agree that the pandemic has made them better understand the value of life insurance.
Life insurance is a different type of financial product – one you purchase for loved ones to provide peace of mind when they need it most. That has come into greater focus this year during a global pandemic and economic downturn. Now is a great time to review your life insurance policy to ensure you understand your coverage and benefits and confirm the coverage is still meeting your needs.
2020 Life Insurance Checklist
Review your life insurance policy summary**, and follow this checklist to understand your current coverage:
- Review and understand type, amount and length of coverage.
- Review and validate beneficiaries.
- Understand additional benefits (policy riders).
- Review conversion option date (term insurance).
- Review cash value (permanent insurance).
Follow this checklist to validate that your coverage still meets your needs:
- Review all life insurance policies.
- Determine if you have experienced a major life event since your last life insurance review.
- Ensure Universal Life is funded to proper age (if applicable).
If you are unsure if your current life insurance policy is meeting your needs or you’re ready to invest in a life insurance policy, call our office at 512-331-0787, and we will make sure you have the coverage you need.
*According to a survey by OnePoll for Life Happens.
**Dowd Insurance clients can access policies online through the Client Center. Visit www.dowdinsurancetx.com and click on the Client Center button.